Friday, April 26, 2013

Been A While.....

I can't even remember the last time I posted on here. I think it has to be right after I got married...almost 3 years ago.

I started another blog....that I cannot find for some reason. Which is actually a good thing. I started it at a very bitter time in my life, so it wasn't very positive.

I have always loved sharing my life with others, and I think this is a great way to do so. Considering Facebook has become, in my opinion, just as annoying as MySpace. Ads galore, sponsored or otherwise....I digress. =)

I always thought that blogs had to be a certain way - either vague or descriptive - black and white. Following my sister's blog, and a few others, I have figured out that it NOT the case.
Thank Goodness for me =)

I have changed, appearance-wise, A LOT. Got a little chunkier, cut my hair, etc. Well that is not all that has changed. I have changed on the inside. I have become just a teensy bit wiser with age.

At almost 27, it seems the last 5 years have been more like 15 years of life experience. Changing my perspective on SO many things.

When I look at these two pictures, I see so much difference.

2010
2013

I see all the trials and lessons I learned. I see the heartache and pain and the eye opening experience. I see all the people that passed away, the people who made an impact on my life.
And Then, I see who I have become. The people who are still here that are STILL making an impact on my life. I see all the results of those lessons that I learned. I see that I am no longer the bitter, angry little girl I was towards certain people in my life back then. I may still be a little girl at heart in some aspects of my life, and I am by no means a seasoned woman, but I am somewhere in between.

My hubby and I recently returned to church, after being gone for around a year. In that year, especially the last 3-4 months, was some of the most impactful times in my life. I may go into it one of these days, but there were so many things that happened, spiritually and emotionally that it would probably take 5 or more posts to get it all out.

I have been on a journey. That's about all I can say without bursting into tears. I feel like the Lord has been so merciful and gracious to me in my life. I may not be able to speak of the "fond memories" of childhood like my sister, or remember good things that I learned as a youngster, but I can look back over the years of my life and say, "That person taught me so much. I was never the same after they were in my life." I can say this about so few people, but those that I can say that about, I will NEVER forget. I can only say Thank You so much for so long, until it probably gets old - no matter how true it may all be. The same of the opposite is true, unfortunately - but, isn't that true for all of us?

I will make no promises to keep this blog up on a regular basis, but I would like to. I would like to share my life with others. Maybe my story will help someone else some day.

In Other News.....

I am on the journey to health. I have never been the type of person to make it past Day 1 of Such And Such Diet that is proclaimed to have helped people to lose 10lbs in 10 days. Although I have tried - let me tell ya. I have seen a few documentaries that I am enamored with.

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpLQwWKb3l8

The Gerson Miracle
http://www.youtube.com/movie/the-gerson-miracle


Dying To Have Known
http://www.youtube.com/movie/dying-to-have-known?feature=mv_e_rel_b

The Beautiful Truth
http://www.youtube.com/movie/the-beautiful-truth?feature=mv_e_rel_b

Forks Over Knives
https://www.youtube.com/movie/forks-over-knives

Just to meet to name a few. I am by NO MEANS a vegan or vegetarian. I am just trying to become more health conscience.

I am also trying a few other things in other parts of my life. Learning Spanish (attempting), sewing, gardening, etc. That's another post for another day.

No comments: