Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chicken Sandwiches W/ Pesto Mayo

So I made this yumm-diddly-umtious dish yesterday for dinner. It was so good!

The recipe called for roasted red peppers and provolone cheese, but I cheated and used fire roasted tomatoes and muenster cheese. =)~

I also used a shallow glass pie dish to cook the chicken. Here are some pictures:
Start with the bread of you choice. I chose Dutch Crunch Roll


Add the thinly sliced chicken

Add the tomatoes
or red peppers,
which ever you chose.

Put the cheese on top
& put in the oven to
melt the cheese & toast the bread

Take out of the oven put the pesto mayo on the top part of the bun....this is the type of pesto I used:
("Knorr"s)

AND EAT!!!! Yummy!

It was very scrumptious and very easy to make. Prep was a snap and I was doing stuff on the computer and other things while this was cooking. It goes great with a salad. I did a simple bag salad from Safeway with Ranch Dressing. (Oh and the "granulated garlic" is just garlic powder)

No comments: