Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hobo Sack

I did it! I started AND completed my first sewing project! It's called a hobo sack. If you have ver seen the pictures of a hobo walking down the railroad tracks with a sack tied to a stick over there shoulder, that is what this is. Well.....sorta. =) It was my first successful attempt, so it's not Exactly the same.

I made mine out of a really cute skirt that I never wore. It's supposed to be a one hour project....I started it last night. =) I made a big blunder and had to start over. not to mention the fact that taking th skirt apart took 2 hours. Stitch by Stitch by ever livin stitch. Neeedless to say, I think I will jsut go get some material next time.

This is the skirt it was made out of:

And this is what it looks like:

This is what it's supposed to look like:

As you can see, mine is VERY different. =)


That's ok, I like it. =)

Here is the web link if you would like to make one:
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-hobo-sack.html

Enjoy!!

Mish, I just saw the tutorial on the shirt you made for Cy on the same website. Great minds think alike, huh? lol

No comments: