Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Banana Cream Pie

I did it! I made Banana Cream Pie!

Ok, so I cheated and used the Jello pudding mix, but I made my own crust. =) Does that absolve me from the "real cooks" scorn out there?

It is Andrew's favorite desert and he liked it. I do have to admit, I tried to make it the real way and failed miserably. The bottom of his oven is still not clean from the spillage of my botched attempt.

It was pretty good for a 1st successful attempt at it, even if I did cheat, everyone's gotta start somewhere right? And I did it big, I didn't skimp on the amount. I made it in a 9x11 casserole dish =) I made two boxes of the Jello mix, 2 make-your-own pie crust packages, and about 3 bananas and almost a whole can of whip cream (the hold-the-can-upside down-squirt-it-in-your-mouth kind) Yes, I took the easy way out. I already told you I am the Queen of Easy Cooking, not because I am a great cook and know how to make short cuts.....I'm just to hungry to wait for the hours of prep and cook time to be over before I can eat. =)~

We already ate a 1/5 of it so it's not all pretty anymore for picture time. So sorry, no pictures today. =)

Well, that's all folks. Have a funny day and stay blessed.

Yabba-Dabba-DOOO

No comments: