Friday, May 7, 2010

The Real "Hobo Sack"

Ok, so this is the Real "hobo sack". =)

The last time I didn't read the directions correctly and I rushed the process. Too excited to see the finished product. =) I think it was also the fabric.

I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to do a zig zag stitch just from a tutorial, that I just Had to take a picture of my first succesful attempt. lol
I made the bag out of these two pillow cases....why pillow cases you ask? Well.....it was 8:00 at night when I decided I wanted to make this. I didn't have anything else.

I could figure out how to incorporate the deer....I may still add it if the person who wins the "Giveaway Day" contest from Sew Mama Sew. I really like this site, it has some great tutorials and it sells fabric!! I haven't bought any yet, but soon....
This giveaway will be on May 16th, a week from Sunday (Mother's Day ~ Don't forget!).
I am excited! I can't wait to share my project with someone. I hope I get to give it to a mother with a toddler that can put his toys in it. =)
Mish, I'm gonna make one for Cy and one for Roma when you get here. You just gotta pick out the fabric for them, k?

So......for all of those who read my blog and wanna join in on the contest by giving away something you made or leaving a comment to win the giveaway prize on my blog or one of the other many many many blogs that will be doing this. Go to the Sew Mam Sew site on May 16th to get linked to all the blogs doing this or to sign up as a participant.

Such a cute lil baggie =)

1 comment:

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Hi Juliana! I actually altered a pattern from children's shorts from McCalls, but there are all kinds of patterns out there. Buy the low cost, easy sewing patterns or buy the pattern when your fabric shops have the 99cent sales, otherwise patterns now are very expensive. All my best on your upcoming nuptials and your sewing adventures!